I recently received this gift from my friend Candace:
- My brave, adventurous friend and her spirit
- The story of young women in Ecuador who walk through the jungles to work and then go home to run their homes
- The hard work that went into weaving the scarf
- The beauty and intricacy of the pattern (barely visible in the picture)
- All the stories from Candace's trip.
This scarf is my small window into the world. Candace travels all over the world - with a friend, one of her sons or by herself. I just can't see myself doing that! I'd love to venture out on such adventures, but I'm not brave enough...yet. One thing that Candace has taught me is that through life, if you're true to yourself, you'll make the right things happen.
So, as you can see, this scarf is much more than an accessory...it's inspiration.